Keloids are formations that appear around wounded area on the skin. When a wound or a skin change caused by burns, chicken pox, acne or cuts, is on its way to get healed, it is achieved by collagen growth around it.
In some cases the collagen growth crosses the required quantity needed and as a result there are keloids created around the scarred tissue.
The keloids are identified as red or pink formations surrounding the healed wound, and they are painless. Moreover, they are more likely to affect dark skinned people than anybody else.
These formations can be removed with a lot of medical treatments like lasers, but before engaging in such expensive and risky treatments, go through some of the natural treatments described here.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar – ACV
Malic and lactic acids are the ACV components that are responsible for the keloids removal. They have the ability to desquamate the skin from the dead skin, and promote new healthy skin growth. Furthermore, it helps with removing he skin fat and diminishes the redness.
– Get raw and unfiltered ACV, pour it over the keloid and massage it until it is absorbed in the skin.
– After the area is dry, remove the vinegar off.
– This procedure needs to be repeated 2 or 3 times a day, until keloids are removed.
* If your skin is sensitive, try using diluted ACV (2 parts ACV + 1 part water)
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is plant which is vastly used for its hydrating and anty-inflamatory effects, thus it can be used in solving the keloids problem.Treatment:
– Wash the area around the keloids with warm water and let it dry
– Take aloe vera extract and massage the keloids with it
– Take the aloe vera off by washing the area with water
– This procedure needs to be repeated 2 times a day.
3. Baking soda
Baking soda is used for its cleansing properties, and it helps in desquamating the skin and removing all the remaining dead skin cells and dirt. That way it prepares the healthy skin to take over the keloids.
– Prepare a mixture of baking soda (1 teaspoon) and hydrogen peroxide (3 teaspoons)
– Take a cotton ball, soak it into the mixture, place it on the keloid and leave it there for about 10 to 15 minutes.
– Clean the area with water
– This routine is repeated 3 to 4 times a day
* If you mix the baking soda with olive oil, you will get a paste that you can massage the keloids with. This way you managed to exfoliate and moisturize the skin and at the same time you made it softer.
4. Fuller’s earth
Fuller’s earth has the ability to lighten the skin. It is best to use it as a mixture of fuller’s earth, lemon juice and rose water.
– Fresh lemon juice (1 teaspoon) and rosewater (1 teaspoon) need to be mixed with the fuller’s earth (1 teaspoon) to make a paste.
– The paste is used to massage the keloids with it, after which it has to be left on the affected area until dried.
– Second layer needs to be applied over the dried one, and has to stay that way for around 10 to 15 minutes.
– The paste needs to be removed with cold water, and you need to gently dry the skin with a soft towel.
5. Lemon juice
Vitamin C is a very strong antioxidant, and it is found in the lemon juice in large quantities. Because of its constricting properties, it helps the scarred skin tissue to get back to its original appearance, color and texture.
– Squeeze a lemon in a container, and apply the lemon juice on the scarred area, then leave it there for about 15 – 20 minutes.
– Wash out the lemon juice and dry the skin.
– Rehydrate the area with a natural moisturizer.
– This process has to be repeated until the keloids are removed.
* You need to apply a diluted lemon juice if you have naturally dry skin. You can dilute the lemon juice with water or rosewater.
6. Lavender oil:
Lavender oil helps the skin to regenerate, thus it helps the keloids to be removed. It can also be used mixed with other oils such as tea tree oil and olive oil.
– Massage the keloids with the oil (just lavender or the combination of oils) for couple of minutes and let it get absorbed in the skin.
– The procedure needs to be repeated 3 to 4 times a day.
7. Sandalwood and Rosewater
The rosewater has toning properties, while the sandalwood helps the skin regenerate. Used together they make a great remedy that can help with getting rid of the keloids.
– Make a smooth paste out of rosewater and sandalwood. You can also add black gram powder in the paste.
– Apply the paste to the keloids before you go to sleep and leave it there during the night.
– Remove the paste with warm water when you wake up in the morning. Let the skin dry.
– Repeat the process every day until the keloids are removed.
8. Onion juice
The collagen is one of the basic proteins in the skin, and since the onion induces its production, it can be very helpful for the removing the keloids from the skin. It can be used as a lotion or a cream, or you can use it as onion extraction.
– Extract the juice from the onion and soak a cotton ball in it.
– Use the soaked cotton ball to apply the juice on the scars and let it dry on the skin.
– Wash the skin with warm water.
– This needs to be repeated 3 to 4 times a day until you see results.
More remedies and advices:
- Aspirin: make a paste using 3-4 crushed aspirins and apply it on the keloids, then wash it off. It will help to reduce the scars by shrinking the skin pores.
2. Honey: take some honey, apply it to the scar and massage the area. It will improve the skin appearance because of its antioxidant properties.
3. Garlic: Massage the keloids with couple of crushed garlic cloves, and then wash the skin with warm water. The keloids are created as a result of extreme fibroblast proliferation and the garlic interferes with that process.
4. Massage: it is used to improve the blood circulation, and using oil for the massage also takes out the dead skin. You should practice this couple of times during the day, until you see results.
5. Tattoos, piercing and cosmetic surgeries: to prevent the keloid formation, you should avoid taking these actions.
6. Water and diets: Drinking a lot of water helps with detoxification, and combination with a healthy diet even increases the effect.
7. If keloids are accompanied with pain or they are itchy, it is best to visit a doctor.
Like and share these remedies with your friends!