If you have health issues, onions are natural cure for everything. It is the best natural remedy and general that can speed up our metabolism and boost our immune system.
The onion is rich in sulfur providing this vegetable with antiseptic and properties. It is extremely high in antioxidant called Querectin which actually helps our body to fight free radicals.
Respiratory conditions respond very good to onion juice because it is a great expectorant. Onions are good for hearth, cholesterol levels, arthritis. It is excellent antioxidant, and very good for diabetes due to it’s sulfur and flavonoid compounds.
Treatments using onions:
- Breakup chest congestion- Mix one onion with coconut oil. Coat the chest with onion paste and cover the chest with a clean towel then a shirt.
- Colic- Old anticolic recipe for babies: Boil a small amount of diced yellow onion in water. Let it cool in the water and then drain. Give a teaspoon of the onion tea to the baby every hour until your sweet love appears to have some relief.
- Ear pain or infection– Chop onion into small pieces and put them into a thin sock. Tie the sock closed. Place the flattened onion sock over the troubled ear and cover the head/ear/sock with a hat to hold the sock in place. Remove when the pain is gone.
- Cuts- The transparent film of the onion will stop moderate bleeding immediately. It also acts as an antiseptic for the wound.
- Cough- Peel a large onion and slice in half. Cover the face of each onion with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and cover the onions for one hour. The sugar/onion relish should be taken twice a day to help with the cough.
- Fever- Slice an onion into thin slices. Rub the bottom of the feet with coconut oil. Put a thin slice into the arch of each foot and wrap with cling wrap. Cover the onion/feet with sock over night to allow the onion to draw out toxins and the illness from the body.
- Cleanse the air- Place slices of onion on plates throughout your house to purify the air of viruses and bacteria.
- Vomiting- Grate 1 yellow or white onion. Press the onion juice from the onion wrapped in a cheesecloth. Brew a strong cup of peppermint tea and let it cool. Drink 2 teaspoons of the onion juice and wait 5 minutes. Drink 2 teaspoons of the cool peppermint tea and wait 5 minutes. Repeat both the onion juice and peppermint tea until the symptoms subside. Vomiting should stop immediately and the nausea should go away within 15 minutes.
Unusually uses of onions:
- Rub a cut onion on you to repel bugs
- the rubbed Onion juice into your hair promotes growth
- Onion juice repels moths
- Boiled and cooled onion juice sprayed onto plants repels pests
- Rub an onion slice into the face of an iron to prevent rusting
- Polish copper and glassware with an onion slice
The Native Americans have used onion to treat colds and flu for centuries. Even the World Health Organization has recognized the ability of onion to relieve congestion, coughs, bronchitis and respiratory infections.
As you can see, this vegetable cures have been around for centuries and is a trusted, proven treatment for many ailments.
In the spirit of good health, give one of these natural onion remedies a try next time you are feeling a little under the weather.